Junior E-Commerce Sales Assistant
GretMol Online is an online brand incubator, with an intense focus on e-commerce and digital marketing. We launch and develop branded products, using our unique online sales playbook to build them into successful brands our customers love. GretMol is both a product development lab and digital marketing dojo. We work hard and play hard. Our focus is on execution and results, wanting to be the best at what we do. No stone is left unturned on this quest.
We are looking for someone with a strong desire to drive online sales and conversions. Both dynamic and conscientious in your approach, you need to be fluent in MS Excel and comfortable with understanding data. Photoshop/Illustrator is an advantage. Naturally inquisitive, you will have an open-minded approach to learning whilst taking action. In our business action equals conversions. Great execution is key and is what separates us from our competitors.
Never satisfied with today’s victory, you will see the title ‘junior’ as just that. With your contributions you will look to make yourself indispensable as quickly as possible. The sky is the limit for us, we aim to double our revenues every four months. A junior employee today should be leading a team tomorrow.
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Assisted with the launch of our new brands on South Africa’s most significant online sales platforms, utilising our unique online sales playbook.
- Performed competitor product research, using cutting edge analytics and tools.
- Created and edited product content and images for a new fashion brand.
- Performed A/B testing on product pages for better conversions. These changes resulted in a 22% improvement in ROI on an SKU basis.
- Analysed Stock/Inventory ROI. Presented the findings to senior management and the directors of the business.
- Liased closely with our product development and merchandising team, ensuring the new products have a proper brand and sales launch strategy in place.
- Provided excellent customer service.
- Attended a rugby match at Newlands, with pregame lunch and drinks. Consumption of Alcohol not compulsory.
To be a good fit for this job, you must have:
- Determination – a fast learner and quick on your feet. The excuse ‘you didn’t tell me to do it’ doesn’t work with us.
- Passionate about the entire online sales process, an ecommerce junkie.
- An inquisitive mind with a sharp eye for detail.
- Excellent, concise written English. Other languages are an advantage too.
- Fluency in MS Excel. Adobe Photoshop, HTML/CSS, SQL/Access/database experience and/or programming languages are also a major advantage.
- Ideally a university graduate. If not, convince us in your cover letter why we should hire you anyway. If you are a graduate, this is also advisable. Why should we hire you?
- Essentially a South African Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A strong bias toward execution. You love working independently and thrive when given freedom and flexibility. You don’t need a babysitter.
We are located in the Cape Town CBD, having just moved into a shiny new city-centre HQ three months ago. We will be doubling our space again in September. As a dynamic startup, our focus is on execution, working together and learning quickly. We don’t do office politics. The results you generate will contribute towards our goal of doubling in size every four months.
The ideal candidate will be looking for a long-term opportunity, to grow with us. There are no limits on what you can achieve. You will be the author of your own success story.