Senior Manager (Store Operations)
- To ensure the delivery of sustainable and profitable retail market share growth in Morocco operating within the parameters of the Global Retail
- Meeting or exceeding agreed sales and profitability targets with appropriate sales strategy and objectives for existing sales point
- Develop a growth culture build on the company culture and 3 C.
- Leading by example on the development of a trading and service culture within the retail back office and field teams
- Motivating and inspiring the Market field and retail back office teams to meet or exceed commercial goals and KPI’s, and build Brand equity
- Supporting the Senior Director DTC and acting as “first amongst equals” with peer group to deliver a joined-up world class retail business
- Implementing, driving and ensuring compliance with agreed Global Retail processes and standards for field and Retail Back Office operations
- Developing and executing local retail relevant and specific processes in close cooperation with the Global Retail
- Lead and develop people to perform to their best and to secure succession
- Inspirationally lead through the team retail stores to a world class position by focusing on the 5 P’s: People, Product, Premises, Processes and Profit.
- Lead, coach and develop Retail Operations Managers to ensure high quality District Management performance and to build a talent pool for higher Operations roles.
- Lead, coach and develop Inventory & RBO SP and T & I to ensure high quality of the operations
- Ensure a leading shopping experience and continuously maximise profitability from the store portfolio, in conjunction with key stakeholders, including the Senior Director DTC and the Global Retail
- Develop tactics to improve retail KPI’s, to increase sales performance and efficiency. Oversee tools such as mystery shopper, retail audit and trainings to enhance retail standards and ensure operational excellence.
- Ensures that sales activations and special campaigns are arranged for Factory Outlets. Makes sure Stock Turn and Stock aging targets are met.
- In coordination with Real Estate and Store Development department, suggests potential new locations to upper management, gives suggestions and provides requested information for feasibility analysis and governs BPM process. Oversees, store openings, closings, renovations.
- Overview management and control of operational expenses (OPEX) in line with the Market retail budget.
- Create and drive a high-performance culture across the Market by setting clear expectations and targets analysing stores’ performance, holding District Managers accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback.
- Adhere to Global standards for all retail marketing, visual merchandising and other store related activities, and monitor/evaluate established processes to guarantee stores’ full compliance.
- Implement all functional components of the adidas Group retail business model (logistics, IT, reporting, staff deployment planning, adidas Group Retail University) in partnership with the respective functions and in line with Global Retail standards.
- Drive compliance with all Global Retail standards, taking Market requirements into account, unless legally prohibited from doing so.
- Senior Retail Director, Retail Director, Global Retail Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Market Retail team including:
- Retail Back Office (RBO) team
- Retail Operations Managers, Store Managers and their Store teams
- Real Estate & Store Development Team, VM Team
- Buying & Merchandising Team
- Market Senior Management team
- HR, Finance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of leading multi store retail teams.
- Excellent communication skills including impactful presentation skills, influencing and negotiating and change management.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing retail environment and able to develop strategy to overcome or make the big bigger given market/store performance
- Strong financial, business and numeric understanding including P&L and budget management
- Fluency in English and Arabic French is an advantage.
Requisite Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (ideally with marketing and sales focus), Economics or Engineering from reputable universities
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in the retail and trade marketing industry, ideally in apparel/fashion/shoes or FMCG, with an operational background and working across different countries
- Strong leadership skills, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of leading teams
- Excellent communication skills including impactful presentation skills, influencing and negotiating and change management
- Advanced numeracy and literacy, with good IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English & French