Fashion Studio Designer
Find a place in the creative heart of our business.
At the centre of Truworths Ladieswear success is the in-house Fashion Studio. This is where fashion trends are analyzed and ideas are generated from information sourced through trend institutes and international fashion fairs, whilst consultants in the major fashion capitals monitor trends from Retailers in the USA, UK and Europe.
- Using your considerable experience, expertise and great fashion eye you can absorb and work with these global trends to identify what is new and happening, in terms of colours, fabric, styles and trims for each Truworths brand for the next season.
- Key to this role is your ability to communicate, energise and inspire our teams of buyers, planners and merchandise leadership using this exciting fashion information to develop an extensive range of garments and styles with limited quantities of each item to ensure exclusivity.
- To confidently apply your talents and skills to this awesome career opportunity, you will need 5 + years of design experience in a similar fashion retail or creative manufacturing environment.
- Alternatively, as the role requires you to practically apply your creative energy; you may be one of those rare breeds of Fashion Buyers, who can move between the two or have experience in both design and buying.
- Your skill set should include: Design skills with experience in - InDesign and Photoshop, as well as CAD skills with strong strength in product.
- Reward strategies are aimed at attracting, motivating and retaining employees and at promoting a sustainable high performance culture within the business. Remuneration practices are closely linked to the Group’s business philosophy, purpose, values and vision and to the achievement of Group, team and individual performance objectives.
Truworths is committed to transformation and meeting objectives of the Employment Equity Act. Meeting our employment equity goals and targets will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.
Favourable consideration will be given to people living with disabilities.