Academic Navigator- Fashion Studio Lecturer
Campus/Business Unit:Vega BordeauxDirect Reporting Line:Academic Co-NavigatorJob Purpose:
- Lecturing and academic delivery to ensure students are guided and supported in their learning to achieve module outcomes
- Masters in Fashion Design (MA or MTech)
- Masters in Fashion Production (MTech)
- Masters in Consumer Science (MCom)
- Or a Masters in a similar field
- Honours in Fashion Design
- Honours in Fashion Production
- Honours in Consumer Science
- Or an honours in a similar field
- Prior teaching or tutoring experience in garment construction, sewing and/or pattern construction and pattern grading is an advantage.
- This candidate should ideally have experience working as a garment technologist or have made garments for clients, although not essential.
- This candidate should ideally have experience working as a pattern maker/technologist or have made patterns for a designer or clients, although not essential unless the technical waiver is applied. When the waiver is applied practical experience is essential.
- Please note that it is not ideal to apply technical waivers at NQF6, so lecturers approved to teach on the second-year modules based on a technical waiver should be the exception and should only be appointed as a last resort.
Key Performance Area:
Preparation and lecturing as per the Module Guide; Teaching curriculum outcomes as per contract hours and stipulated per pre-agreed timetable; Briefing students for assignments and providing feedback; Marking assessments and providing feedback; Presenting class marks and feedback to the Programme Managers; Actively engaging with current trends in teaching an learning strategies within The IIE VEGA environment.