Are you a creative with experience and qualifications in preferably textile and fashion? Are you proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Illustrator & basic Microsoft knowledge especially Excel?
Our client, a provider of woven products in Africa, based in Cape Town requires your full production experience of their products from design stage all the way to finished product.
- Grade 12
- Relevant qualifications
- Graphic design across all formats preferred - brand, digital, print, outdoor, press, POS, event, etc.
- Technical sketching
- Full design knowledge, strong technical skills, great application knowledge
- Pattern making experience
- Conduct market research to determine current design trends for fabrics
- Understand client briefs and create customised fabric designs for clients
- Create designs for standard product offerings
- Ensure that fabric designs meet the technical requirements for weaving
- CMT skills - the full sewing process understanding and knowledge
- Conduct inspections with in-house designers at weaving companies to validate designs
- Create and update packaging
- Develop and maintain formats for in-house printing and trimming of product cards
- Where necessary, obtain quotes for external printing, liaise with printers for orders, obtain invoices for payment by Finance Department, etc.
- Update website content; add new designs, new store listings and client references, etc.
- Create or prepare all general Graphic Design input for the Company, such as logos, business cards, brochures, catalogues, presentations, calendars, etc.
- Maintain hardcopy files of own work, as necessary (essential)Any other duty that is reasonable and relevant to this position, in our Company
- Review designs for errors and obtain manger approval before printing or publishing them
- Responsible for originating creative graphic designs and concepts that support client briefs
- Generate and create crafted, visually pleasing and highly conceptual designs under pressure and at a fast pace
- Technical sketch of each design maintained and well filed.
- Maintain digital studio standards and conventions
- Manage workflow efficiently and take responsibility for timing and delivery
- Coordination with Departments where needed
- Assist with operations functions where required i.e. Logistics and driver, etc.