Project Manager – Wish (Women’s Integrated Sexual Health
Responsible for providing oversight to project implementation of the project aimed at increasing quality and coverage of integrated maternal and child health care services with a focus on family planning in the project areas
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 3 years
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
Summary of Responsibilities
WISH2ACTION is a comprehensive, integrated approach to ensure equitable access to family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), prioritizing the most underserved women and girls, particularly youth under 20, the very poor, and marginalized populations (including people with disabilities, people displaced or affected by humanitarian crisis, and people living in hard-to-reach areas). IRC is an implementing partner in the WISH2ACTION project and will be responsible for delivering contraceptive services as part of a package of sexual and reproductive health, to women and girls in Somalia. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Health and Nutrition Coordinator(SHNC) the WISH Project Manager shall be responsible for providing oversight to project implementation of the project aimed at increasing quality and coverage of integrated maternal and child health care services with a focus on family planning in the project areas S/HE will work with SHNC in ensuring that WISH project is delivered efficiently and effectively in accordance with donor requirements. The Program Manager is responsible for meeting all assigned projects’ technical, financial, and project monitoring obligations, ensuring deliverables, and project results specified and agreed with the donor are achieved.
- Lead in the implementation of WISH project activities according to plan and donor guidelines.
- Monitor progress of WISH project and adjust as necessary to ensure successful completion of projects
- Ensure WISH project activities are implemented on time and within budget and at the required level of quality working in close collaboration with the relevant technical managers in country.
- Lead in writing of the WISH reports, position papers, and updates as required
- In consultation with the SHNC, recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities.
- Prepare and submit regular technical, progress and program monitoring reports to SHNC according to schedules and guidelines.
- Support IRC’s M&E function in development of plans and operations research that support and measures impact and quality of WISH project
- Convene the Project Implementation Team Meetings and Develop/ Update all relevant Project Management tools assigned to them.
- Provide Updates on in country WISH implementation to the Senior RH Coordinator (WISH) based at the regional office.
- Reporting and Coordination
- Work with other health teams and the MoH and community levels to oversee project activities related to capacity strengthening in MNCH service provision and community response.
- Coordinate with IRC Somalia Senior Management team and Technical managers to ensure quality assurance carried out and that technical quality is achieved.
- Document lessons learnt and actions throughout the project
- Provide material related to project progress and updates as required to the Project Advisory Team.
- Assist in the development of publications and communication materials wherever possible
- Provide regular feedback to the supervisor and the in charges of the health facilities on the progress of the project implementation.
- Collaborate with the Community Engagement Manager and Reproductive health manager and facility in charges to convene monthly review meetings at health facility level
- Represent IRC Somalia in health related forums as the need may arise
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing/Public Health/ Diploma in Registered Nursing
- Experience in project management and in stakeholders management and engagement.
- Additional training in maternal, child health and FP is an added advantage.
- Three years working experience in maternal and child health programs
- Good experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs including report writing and communication skills.
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Understanding of Somalia context preferred
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.